So I was trying to modify some of my SQL Agent jobs and I got an Error: 14274. Wild.
We had to rename our production server after software upgrade this weekend. We did not want anyone hitting the old server. The problem started.
1. Run a select @@SERVERNAME. Verify that you have the correct server name. The server name was incorrect due to the server rename so I had to run the following commands:
sp_dropserver ‘Old Server Name’
sp_addserver ‘New Server Name’
You then have to restart the SQL Service. Once you restart run the select @@SERVERNAME command again and verify the name is correct.
2. Select * from msdb..sysjobs. This will show you the Originating Server Column. In my case this was the original server name.
3. Run an update statement to fix the server name: update sysjobs set originating_server = ‘New Server Name’ where originating_server = ‘Old Server Name’
After that final update statement I was then able to update/edit/delete the jobs.